Monday, May 26, 2008

Hiking Nearby!

Just as I was about ready to mount a fight for South Mountain trail access on the western half of the park, Catherine and I discovered the trail head at 19th Ave. Somehow, it had never occurred to me that it was there before Erika mentioned it to me a couple of weeks ago.

After our first hike today, I decided that this is my new favorite access point to the trail system. There was almost nobody else around, which meant that we could let Ilsa off her leash for most of the hike; and the trail was moderately challenging, so it felt like a great workout.

Now you will know where to find me on Saturday and Sunday mornings. And thank goodness that we don't have to drive as far for hiking anymore!

2 comments:

Astrodon Johnstoni said...

Thanks for the tip. We're not such seasoned hikers, but the proximity of South Mountain has lured us once or twice.

PTB said...

I'd advise waiting until it cools down before exploring any Phoenix hiking trail. It's no fun being out in the 110 degree heat amongst little more than dirt and rocks.....